Tides Canada provides innovative philanthropic, financial, and project management services for change makers – philanthropists, foundations, activists and civil organizations.
As experts who share your values, we work on issues like water and oceans, environmental conservation, climate and energy solutions, food, the Arctic, social inclusion and civic engagement.
Tides Canada helps you make the most of your charitable dollars and improve the lives of people in Canada and around the globe.
- If you are an experienced grant-maker or represent a foundation, we provide program delivery and grant-making support, giving you a partner for turning your wide-reaching programmatic ideas into reality.
- If you want to extend your business’s social impact, we work with you to craft a charitable giving strategy that resonates with your corporate values.
- If you lead a charity or non-profit, we offer a wide range of services that can expand your donor base and provide long-term support for your organization.
- If you are a social entrepreneur, we provide the tools and support you need so you can remain dedicated to making your mission a reality.
Identifying challenges and creating solutions
Tides Canada identifies environmental and social challenges and brings the resources and leadership to make change happen. We pool the best ideas, strategies, people, and capital to achieve the greatest impact on the key environmental and social issues of our time.
An example of our leadership role can be seen in the Great Bear Rainforest – the largest and most significant integrated conservation program in North American history. Tides Canada led the Canadian fundraising campaign and enabled coalition building among Canada’s leading environmental organizations to ensure a healthy future for the Great Bear Rainforest – now one of the most protected forest regions in the world.
Tides Canada’s mission is to provide uncommon solutions for the common good by leading and supporting actions that foster a healthy environment and just Canadian society.
We advance our mission by:
- Creating opportunities to pool ideas and resources to solve complex environmental and social problems
- Partnering with private and public sector donors to facilitate strategic grant-making
- Enabling charitable organizations and people with innovative project ideas to more effectively advance their missions
- Providing philanthropists with tax-efficient vehicles and solutions to amplify the impact and efficiency of their giving