Tides Canada is dedicated to a healthy environment, social equity, and economic prosperity for all Canadians.
We support people in building healthy, vibrant communities that have the social, economic, and natural capital to steward their environments for generations to come.
We collaborate with both donors and social change leaders, build bridges between and among sectors, and help to steer more philanthropy into innovative work that can address tough social and environmental challenges.
Core Issue Areas
From on-the-ground social change initiatives to shaping national strategies and public policy, Tides Canada works on issues that affect all Canadians:
- Clean Energy and Climate Solutions: Facilitating education, public engagement, and research to address climate change and build a clean energy future.
- Healthy Oceans: Conducting research and supporting community-led action to ensure ocean ecosystems are diverse and resilient.
- Healthy Watersheds: Ensuring freshwater health by facilitating partnerships and working with communities on stewardship initiatives.
- Protected Lands and Forests: Helping communities design and implement responsible conservation and stewardship initiatives for land and forests.
- Resilient Communities: Building equitable and inclusive societies to ensure all Canadians have the opportunity to thrive.
- Sustainable Food Systems: Cultivating local, sustainable food systems that benefit all Canadians.
- Sustainable Livelihoods: Helping communities build local economies that foster resilience and positive social outcomes.
Photo by Cristina Mittermeier