Endowment & Long-Term Funds
Plant a seed for the long-term sustainability of your organization
Endowments serve as the focal point for charitable fundraising and planned giving campaigns. They are an ideal way for your charity to build and protect long-term secure assets.
However, you may not have the staff or resources to manage gifts and bequests in-house. Establishing an endowment fund at Tides Canada allows you to focus on your core programs, free from all endowment-related reporting and filing obligations. Endowments can be started with a single donor’s gift, or grown with a “planned giving” initiative that encourages long-term gifts from multiple donors through bequests to your charity’s endowment.
If planned properly, your endowment can:
- bring more resources to fulfill your organization’s mission
- provide income to help fund core expenses often overlooked in project funding
- diversify your income
- encourage increased support from your current funders
- attract inter-generational transfer of wealth through planned giving
- promote long-term financial planning for your organization
- enable increased attention to achieving your long-range program objectives
- catalyse your charity’s strategic and organizational changes
Tides Canada can provide support for endowment and bequest planning and can help explain the value of endowments to your donors, staff, volunteers, and board members.
Endowment management that aligns with your charity’s mission
Harmonizing the way your charitable dollars are invested with the mission that drives your work is an integral part of social change. Endowed funds at Tides Canada are invested under our socially responsible investment policies.
Combine your endowment with a long-term fund
Long-term funds provide some benefits of an endowment while allowing access to the principal of the fund. You can combine your endowment with a long-term fund for maximum flexibility.
These forward-thinking charities and families entrust their endowments and long-term funds to Tides Canada:
- Amy Carter-Crossley and Shun Hei Lor Families Fund
- Aurora Fund
- Ball Family Foundation Endowment Fund
- Bealight Fund
- David J. Sokol Endowment Fund
- Division of UBC Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Fund
- Don Rubenstein Housing Fund
- The Dr. Bik May Wai and Dr. Chung Nin Lam Endowment Fund
- Dragonfly Fund
- Draimin-Haddon Endowment Fund
- Endswell Long-Term Fund
- Gitanyow Wilp Sustainability Fund
- John Kenneth Galbraith Prize Endowment Fund
- Jon Gates Foundation Fund
- Lindalee Tracey Award Fund
- Michael and Amelia Humphries Earthrise Endowment Fund
- Michael and Amelia Humphries Earthrise Support Fund
- Oxfam Canada Fund
- Planeterra Endowment Fund
- SHLF Endowment Fund
- Street Kids International Fund
- Terrevive Fund
- Tlatsini Conservation Endowment Fund
- Transformation Fund
- V. Paul Lee Family Foundation
- Valerie Hussey Family Long-Term Fund
For more information, please contact us today.