Donor Advised Funds
Making charitable giving efficient and effective.
Tides Canada’s donor advised funds are a flexible and cost-effective way to give to the charities you love.
With a donor advised fund your charitable giving is managed from one place, minimizing costs and maximizing impact so you can focus on what’s important—making real change.
We take care of the administration and due diligence, creating an efficient alternative to starting your own foundation. When you work with Tides Canada, you join a community of individuals, charities, foundations, nonprofits, and businesses who share your passion for environmental and social change.
- Entrust the administrative, legal, and accounting work to our knowledgeable staff.
- View your fund activity and advise grants to charities any time through our online portal.
- Make giving to your donor advised fund fast and easy with an online donation page.
Maximize Tax Benefits
- Contribute to your fund any time and receive a tax receipt for your gift immediately—support your favourite causes right away and over time.
- Donate how you like—we accept everything from gifts of securities to will or trust donations.
Fossil Fuel-Free Investment Portfolio
- Open a fund with the confidence that your charitable dollars can grow sustainably in 100% fossil-fuel free portfolio screened for social, environmental, and governance (ESG) considerations.
- Receive quarterly updates on the asset mix and fund performance.
Leave a Legacy
- Plan your future giving today—leave your donor advised fund in your will to make your future giving plan a reality.
- Create a donor advised fund to honour the memory of a loved one.
Open a donor advised fund in three easy steps:
1. Select the type of donor advised fund:
Giving Funds: if you plan to grant out most of your fund each year and wish to have maximum flexibility. You can make an immediate impact with your charitable dollars.
Invested Giving Funds: if you plan to grant a small percentage of your fund each year and wish to maintain and grow your fund balance long term.
2. Name your fund, create a fund purpose, and make an initial contribution.
3. Support Tides Canada work that aligns with your giving plan or donate to any of your favourite local or national charities.
See why people open a donor advised fund with Tides Canada
Mike Robbins: Ecotourism consultant and philanthropist
How can tourism be sustainable and empower local communities and their economies? We chat to Mike Robbins about how his work and giving back align.
View Our Funds
Alexander Graham Bell Innovation Fund
AnQi’s Little Angels Foundation Fund
Arctic Indigenous Fund
Auerbach Family Fund
Black Philanthropy Fund
Burton Family Fund
Butterfly Wings Fund
Central Coast Conservation Fund
Chaloult Wallace Fund
Chosen Waters Fund
CNIS Surgical & Obstetrical Skills Education Fund
Cohen Building Fund
Communications & Broadcasting Canadian Trust Fund
Coyle Family Foundation Fund
CPAWS Nova Scotia Conservation Fund
Dark Horse Fund
David J. Sokol Endowment Fund
Dene Ts’ı̨lı̨ – Dene Way of Life Fund
Division of UBC PM&R Fund
Don Rubenstein Housing Fund
Dr. Bik May Wai & Dr. Chung Nin Lam Endowment Fund
Draimin-Haddon Endowment Fund
Friends of Qatuwas Fund
Friends of QQS Conservation Support Fund
Fund for Action on Investment Responsibility
Funding Awesome Fund
Gitanyow Wilp Sustainability Fund
Great Bear Sea Fund
Hoops 4 Hope Fund
Jantzi Research Fund
Jesse and Julie Rasch Foundation Fund
Joan McMillan Fund
Joel and Dana Solomon Fund
John Kenneth Galbraith Prize Endowment Fund
Jokabeca Foundation Fund
Jon Gates Foundation Fund
Language Documentation and Revitalization Fund
Lights On Fund
Lindalee Tracey Award Fund
Lunapads Global Opportunity Fund
Mentoring Excellence BC Fund
Michael and Amelia Humphries Earthrise Legacy Fund
Naramata Conservation Fund
Natural Burial Association Fund
New Literacies Fund
Nonprofit Centers Fund
One Pull Fund
OSEA Education and Research Fund
Pacific Wild Fund
Perry Performing Arts Fund
Power of Giving Fund
Rani Luthra Charitable Fund
Richardson Family Fund
Rideau Institute Research Fund
Robert Huber Memorial Fund
Robin Wheeler Legacy Fund
SHLF Endowment Fund
Skeena Watershed Fund
SkeenaWild Conservation Trust Fund
Social Innovation Conference Series
Social Venture Institute Fund
Sokol-Rubenstein Family Life Insurance Gift Fund
Somos El Barco Fund
Staal Family Giving Fund
Stand Now Fund
Strategic Philanthropy Course Fund
Street Kids International Fund
Sustaining Design Fund
the deer crossing the art farm fund
Twin Island Protection Fund
Twyla Roscovich Memorial Fund
Tyee Solutions Society Fund
V. Paul Lee Family Foundation
Valerie Elia Fund
Vancouver Bicycle Fund
Vancouver Tomorrow Fund
Wild Faith Fund
YouMeWe Foundation Fund