Amplify your impact.
Dive into new issues and geographies or expand an existing program – Tides Canada helps you go deeper with your grantmaking.
Tides Canada offers the following advisory services for Foundations:
Research & Scoping
Answer key questions and engage in exploration together.
- Host an exploratory conversation to identify values, intended legacy, and interest areas of the Foundation.
- Conduct a landscape assessment of an issue or geography to deepen your Foundation’s impact.
- Investigate new and exciting angles to your existing work.
- Organize a gathering of different stakeholders to explore an issue or geography to inform an impact-driven strategy.
Strategy & Design
Create strategies to get from vision to action.
- Design a new grantmaking program that reflects your unique vision for change, focus areas, and goals.
- Coordinate a pooled fund to leverage the resources of multiple partners to support a specific issue or geography.
- Address gaps in sector support by creating a new charitable initiative.
Grants Management & Delivery
Effectively and efficiently deliver your grantmaking program.
- Develop proposal and reporting templates that reflect your priority interests and desired outcomes, and are accessible to all grantees.
- Promote your grantmaking program to unique audiences across Canada.
- Manage relationships with grantees on your behalf.
- Manage the administration of grants using a Donor Advised Fund.
Evaluation & Learning
Evaluate outcomes, share learnings, and revise as needed.
- Develop an evaluation framework to track the impact of your grantmaking program.
- Develop a methodology to capture lessons learned in the design and implementation stages of the program in order to inform your future grantmaking.
- Develop learning opportunities, such a field trips or webinars, to learn directly from the grantees and engage with peers collaborating in the space.
- Share learnings with the broader philanthropic and charitable community to enable the scaling and replication of successful strategies.
Because Tides Canada is a leading national charity with a unique suite of tools, we can leverage a wide range of in-house expertise to create custom solutions.
From the Blog
In July 2019, Northern Senior Associate Lori Tagoona and Program Lead, Northern Canada Steve Ellis travelled to Nain, Labrador to meet with participants of the …
A donor who dedicated her life to environmental sustainability – not to mention, family, friends, and anything that got her laughing – makes a remarkable gift.
Toni in Prague Donor Toni Frisby passed away in 2017, age 60, leaving a generous – and surprise – gift to Tides Canada in her …
In December of 2018, after 10 years on Tides Canada’s shared platform, ArtBridges began a new chapter. We sat down with Co-founder and Director Seanna …
Towards a reconciliation economy: How Raven Indigenous Capital Partners is helping Indigenous entrepreneurs succeed
This shot by Pat Kane Photo was taken at a recent entrepreneurs workshop hosted by Entreprenorth, a project on our shared platform. Tides Canada recently …