Amplify your impact.
Dive into new issues and geographies or expand an existing program – Tides Canada helps you go deeper with your grantmaking.
Tides Canada offers the following advisory services for Foundations:
Research & Scoping
Answer key questions and engage in exploration together.
- Host an exploratory conversation to identify values, intended legacy, and interest areas of the Foundation.
- Conduct a landscape assessment of an issue or geography to deepen your Foundation’s impact.
- Investigate new and exciting angles to your existing work.
- Organize a gathering of different stakeholders to explore an issue or geography to inform an impact-driven strategy.
Strategy & Design
Create strategies to get from vision to action.
- Design a new grantmaking program that reflects your unique vision for change, focus areas, and goals.
- Coordinate a pooled fund to leverage the resources of multiple partners to support a specific issue or geography.
- Address gaps in sector support by creating a new charitable initiative.
Grants Management & Delivery
Effectively and efficiently deliver your grantmaking program.
- Develop proposal and reporting templates that reflect your priority interests and desired outcomes, and are accessible to all grantees.
- Promote your grantmaking program to unique audiences across Canada.
- Manage relationships with grantees on your behalf.
- Manage the administration of grants using a Donor Advised Fund.
Evaluation & Learning
Evaluate outcomes, share learnings, and revise as needed.
- Develop an evaluation framework to track the impact of your grantmaking program.
- Develop a methodology to capture lessons learned in the design and implementation stages of the program in order to inform your future grantmaking.
- Develop learning opportunities, such a field trips or webinars, to learn directly from the grantees and engage with peers collaborating in the space.
- Share learnings with the broader philanthropic and charitable community to enable the scaling and replication of successful strategies.
Because Tides Canada is a leading national charity with a unique suite of tools, we can leverage a wide range of in-house expertise to create custom solutions.
From the Blog
Killulark Arngna’naaq is Tides Canada’s Northern Program Specialist, based out of our Yellowknife office. She recently traveled to Inuvik to take part in a strategic …
The year-end is a milestone for many who engage mindfully in their philanthropy – a time of reflection and planning. December is a time to …
Since time immemorial, Indigenous communities have been practicing holistic ways of being, and relationships with land and water. These ways of being and reciprocal relationships …
Greta Thunberg stood at the podium and captivated the world as she addressed the climate crisis at the 2019 United Nations Global Climate Summit in …