Align your personal values with your philanthropy.
Tides Canada helps connect you with the issues that are most important to you, discover and define your philanthropic focus, and create a tailored giving strategy.
Tides Canada offers the following advisory services for Philanthropists:
Research & Scoping
Answer key questions and engage in exploration together.
- Host an exploratory conversation to identify your values, intended legacy, and interest areas.
- Conduct a landscape assessment of an issue or geography to understand how you can engage in a deep and impactful way.
- Investigate new and exciting angles to your philanthropy.
- Organize a gathering of different stakeholders to explore an issue or geography to inform an impact-driven strategy.
Strategy & Design
Create strategies to get from vision to action.
- Design a new philanthropic strategy that reflects your unique vision for change, focus areas, and goals.
- Coordinate a pooled fund to leverage the resources of multiple partners to support a specific issue or geography.
- Address gaps in the sector by creating a new charitable initiative.
- Identify and build community connections to inform strategies that will have a lasting impact.
Grants Management & Delivery
Effectively and efficiently deliver your grantmaking program.
- Develop proposal and reporting templates that are designed to be effective and accessible to all grantees.
- Promote your grantmaking plan to unique audiences across Canada.
- Manage relationships with grantees on your behalf.
- Manage the administration of grants to qualified donees.
Evaluation & Learning
Evaluate outcomes, share learnings, and revise as needed.
- Develop an evaluation framework to track the impact of your philanthropic giving plan.
- Develop a methodology to capture lessons learned in the design and implementation stages of the program in order to inform your future philanthropy.
- Develop learning opportunities, such a field trips or webinars, to learn directly from grantees and engage with peers collaborating in the space.
- Share learnings with the broader philanthropic and charitable community to enable the scaling and replication of successful strategies.
Because Tides Canada is a leading national charity with a unique suite of tools, we can leverage a wide range of in-house expertise to create custom solutions.
The Dragonfly Fund: a story of strategic philanthropy for a toxic-free Canada
A donor on her support for a toxic-free Canada and her journey in strategic philanthropy.
From the Blog
Traditional Foods & Traditional Teachings Gathering, May 2019 Learn how Indigenous communities in Canada are addressing UN SDG, Zero Hunger Join the Northern Manitoba Food, …
Over the past few years, mental and emotional health and well-being discussions have greatly increased in Canada. Additional support and resources have also been made …
*This blog post was originally published on ckx.org on September 17, 2019. Our relationships with each other and with the earth are dangerously off-balance. We …
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals: Tides Canada aligns impact with the UN’s global campaign for a better future
The United Nations and its state members have long been coming together to create plans for a better future. Since Agenda 21 in 1992, these …