Align your personal values with your philanthropy.
Tides Canada helps connect you with the issues that are most important to you, discover and define your philanthropic focus, and create a tailored giving strategy.
Tides Canada offers the following advisory services for Philanthropists:
Research & Scoping
Answer key questions and engage in exploration together.
- Host an exploratory conversation to identify your values, intended legacy, and interest areas.
- Conduct a landscape assessment of an issue or geography to understand how you can engage in a deep and impactful way.
- Investigate new and exciting angles to your philanthropy.
- Organize a gathering of different stakeholders to explore an issue or geography to inform an impact-driven strategy.
Strategy & Design
Create strategies to get from vision to action.
- Design a new philanthropic strategy that reflects your unique vision for change, focus areas, and goals.
- Coordinate a pooled fund to leverage the resources of multiple partners to support a specific issue or geography.
- Address gaps in the sector by creating a new charitable initiative.
- Identify and build community connections to inform strategies that will have a lasting impact.
Grants Management & Delivery
Effectively and efficiently deliver your grantmaking program.
- Develop proposal and reporting templates that are designed to be effective and accessible to all grantees.
- Promote your grantmaking plan to unique audiences across Canada.
- Manage relationships with grantees on your behalf.
- Manage the administration of grants to qualified donees.
Evaluation & Learning
Evaluate outcomes, share learnings, and revise as needed.
- Develop an evaluation framework to track the impact of your philanthropic giving plan.
- Develop a methodology to capture lessons learned in the design and implementation stages of the program in order to inform your future philanthropy.
- Develop learning opportunities, such a field trips or webinars, to learn directly from grantees and engage with peers collaborating in the space.
- Share learnings with the broader philanthropic and charitable community to enable the scaling and replication of successful strategies.
Because Tides Canada is a leading national charity with a unique suite of tools, we can leverage a wide range of in-house expertise to create custom solutions.
The Dragonfly Fund: a story of strategic philanthropy for a toxic-free Canada
A donor on her support for a toxic-free Canada and her journey in strategic philanthropy.
From the Blog
Killulark Arngna’naaq is Tides Canada’s Northern Program Specialist, based out of our Yellowknife office. She recently traveled to Inuvik to take part in a strategic …
The year-end is a milestone for many who engage mindfully in their philanthropy – a time of reflection and planning. December is a time to …
Since time immemorial, Indigenous communities have been practicing holistic ways of being, and relationships with land and water. These ways of being and reciprocal relationships …
Greta Thunberg stood at the podium and captivated the world as she addressed the climate crisis at the 2019 United Nations Global Climate Summit in …