Wealth Advisors, Family Offices, and Will & Estate Planners
Complement your client relationship.
Support your long-term client relationship by offering custom philanthropic solutions that align with their legacy plan. Tides Canada helps you and your client move beyond making a charitable gift, to making philanthropic investments that align with their unique values.
Tides Canada offers the following advisory services for Wealth Advisors, Family Offices, and Will & Estate Planners to support the needs of their multigenerational clients:
Research & Scoping
Answer key questions and engage in exploration together.
- Host an exploratory conversation to identify values, intended legacy, and interest areas.
- Conduct a landscape assessment of an issue or geography to understand how your client can engage in a deep and impactful way.
- Investigate new and exciting angles to your client’s existing philanthropy.
Strategy & Design
Create strategies to get from vision to action.
- Design a new philanthropic giving strategy that reflects your client’s unique vision for change, focus areas,
- Coordinate a pooled fund to leverage the resources of multiple philanthropists to support a specific issue
- Address gaps in the sector by creating a new charitable initiative.
- Identify and build community connections that have a lasting impact for both your client and the community.
Grants Management & Delivery
Effectively and efficiently deliver your grantmaking program.
- Implement a strategic philanthropic program akin to an individual or family foundation through a donor advised fund. This eliminates the administrative burden of creating and managing a private family foundation.
- Offer customized supports to meet the needs of your client, including:
- Develop proposal and reporting template
- Identify grantees that are a fit with the program mission and goals
- Administer gifts and conduct financial reporting
- Manage relationships with grantees
Evaluation & Learning
Evaluate outcomes, share learnings, and revise as needed.
- Meet quarterly or annually with you and your client to report on the efficacy of the philanthropic strategy.
- Evaluate the plan and revise as needed to ensure the individual or family mission is honoured.
- Ensure that the philanthropic plan is informed by sector trends and responsive to emerging needs.
Because Tides Canada is a leading national charity with a unique suite of tools, we can leverage a wide range of in-house expertise to create custom solutions.
From the Blog
In July 2019, Northern Senior Associate Lori Tagoona and Program Lead, Northern Canada Steve Ellis travelled to Nain, Labrador to meet with participants of the …
A donor who dedicated her life to environmental sustainability – not to mention, family, friends, and anything that got her laughing – makes a remarkable gift.
Toni in Prague Donor Toni Frisby passed away in 2017, age 60, leaving a generous – and surprise – gift to Tides Canada in her …
In December of 2018, after 10 years on Tides Canada’s shared platform, ArtBridges began a new chapter. We sat down with Co-founder and Director Seanna …
Towards a reconciliation economy: How Raven Indigenous Capital Partners is helping Indigenous entrepreneurs succeed
This shot by Pat Kane Photo was taken at a recent entrepreneurs workshop hosted by Entreprenorth, a project on our shared platform. Tides Canada recently …