Wealth Advisors, Family Offices, and Will & Estate Planners
Complement your client relationship.
Support your long-term client relationship by offering custom philanthropic solutions that align with their legacy plan. Tides Canada helps you and your client move beyond making a charitable gift, to making philanthropic investments that align with their unique values.
Tides Canada offers the following advisory services for Wealth Advisors, Family Offices, and Will & Estate Planners to support the needs of their multigenerational clients:
Research & Scoping
Answer key questions and engage in exploration together.
- Host an exploratory conversation to identify values, intended legacy, and interest areas.
- Conduct a landscape assessment of an issue or geography to understand how your client can engage in a deep and impactful way.
- Investigate new and exciting angles to your client’s existing philanthropy.
Strategy & Design
Create strategies to get from vision to action.
- Design a new philanthropic giving strategy that reflects your client’s unique vision for change, focus areas,
- Coordinate a pooled fund to leverage the resources of multiple philanthropists to support a specific issue
- Address gaps in the sector by creating a new charitable initiative.
- Identify and build community connections that have a lasting impact for both your client and the community.
Grants Management & Delivery
Effectively and efficiently deliver your grantmaking program.
- Implement a strategic philanthropic program akin to an individual or family foundation through a donor advised fund. This eliminates the administrative burden of creating and managing a private family foundation.
- Offer customized supports to meet the needs of your client, including:
- Develop proposal and reporting template
- Identify grantees that are a fit with the program mission and goals
- Administer gifts and conduct financial reporting
- Manage relationships with grantees
Evaluation & Learning
Evaluate outcomes, share learnings, and revise as needed.
- Meet quarterly or annually with you and your client to report on the efficacy of the philanthropic strategy.
- Evaluate the plan and revise as needed to ensure the individual or family mission is honoured.
- Ensure that the philanthropic plan is informed by sector trends and responsive to emerging needs.
Because Tides Canada is a leading national charity with a unique suite of tools, we can leverage a wide range of in-house expertise to create custom solutions.
From the Blog
The year-end is a milestone for many who engage mindfully in their philanthropy – a time of reflection and planning. December is a time to …
Since time immemorial, Indigenous communities have been practicing holistic ways of being, and relationships with land and water. These ways of being and reciprocal relationships …
Greta Thunberg stood at the podium and captivated the world as she addressed the climate crisis at the 2019 United Nations Global Climate Summit in …
Climate change discussions are becoming more urgent and we are witnessing more of its effects. In this blog post, Tides Canada’s Benjamin Ger reflects on …