Wealth Advisors, Family Offices, and Will & Estate Planners
Complement your client relationship.
Support your long-term client relationship by offering custom philanthropic solutions that align with their legacy plan. Tides Canada helps you and your client move beyond making a charitable gift, to making philanthropic investments that align with their unique values.
Tides Canada offers the following advisory services for Wealth Advisors, Family Offices, and Will & Estate Planners to support the needs of their multigenerational clients:
Research & Scoping
Answer key questions and engage in exploration together.
- Host an exploratory conversation to identify values, intended legacy, and interest areas.
- Conduct a landscape assessment of an issue or geography to understand how your client can engage in a deep and impactful way.
- Investigate new and exciting angles to your client’s existing philanthropy.
Strategy & Design
Create strategies to get from vision to action.
- Design a new philanthropic giving strategy that reflects your client’s unique vision for change, focus areas,
- Coordinate a pooled fund to leverage the resources of multiple philanthropists to support a specific issue
- Address gaps in the sector by creating a new charitable initiative.
- Identify and build community connections that have a lasting impact for both your client and the community.
Grants Management & Delivery
Effectively and efficiently deliver your grantmaking program.
- Implement a strategic philanthropic program akin to an individual or family foundation through a donor advised fund. This eliminates the administrative burden of creating and managing a private family foundation.
- Offer customized supports to meet the needs of your client, including:
- Develop proposal and reporting template
- Identify grantees that are a fit with the program mission and goals
- Administer gifts and conduct financial reporting
- Manage relationships with grantees
Evaluation & Learning
Evaluate outcomes, share learnings, and revise as needed.
- Meet quarterly or annually with you and your client to report on the efficacy of the philanthropic strategy.
- Evaluate the plan and revise as needed to ensure the individual or family mission is honoured.
- Ensure that the philanthropic plan is informed by sector trends and responsive to emerging needs.
Because Tides Canada is a leading national charity with a unique suite of tools, we can leverage a wide range of in-house expertise to create custom solutions.
From the Blog
Killulark Arngna’naaq is Tides Canada’s Northern Program Specialist, based out of our Yellowknife office. She recently traveled to Inuvik to take part in a strategic …
The year-end is a milestone for many who engage mindfully in their philanthropy – a time of reflection and planning. December is a time to …
Since time immemorial, Indigenous communities have been practicing holistic ways of being, and relationships with land and water. These ways of being and reciprocal relationships …
Greta Thunberg stood at the podium and captivated the world as she addressed the climate crisis at the 2019 United Nations Global Climate Summit in …